The Top 5 kitchen design mistakes
The following are design mistakes we see made time and time again and some of these have serious implications for the safety of users –
all have a cost of getting them wrong…
1. Neglecting to allow for a service void behind cabinets to accommodate M&E services. Do you know what the minimum depth of this void should be?
2. Neglecting to allow for a service void behind laundry appliances to accommodate M&E services. Do you know what the minimum depth of this void should be?
3. Failing to position a built-in microwave at the correct height for safe usage. What is the maximum recommended height to the top of a built-in microwave for safe usage?
4. Putting free-standing laundry appliances in kitchen cupboards behind doors. What depth is required to achieve this and why is this not good design practice?
5. Neglecting to leave the correct distance between a gas hob and the extractor above. What vertical distance is required between the two appliances?